Made in France the new Focal Twin 6 is a 2.5-way monitor offering unrivalled transparency, definition level, dynamics and soundstage precision. Its Focus Mode uses a two-way configuration, preserving the sweet spot when mixing, saving space on the console and simplifying cabling and monitor changes.
Composite ‘W’ Sandwich Cone
The ‘W’ composite cone is made in France by Focal and allows the frequency response curve to be perfectly optimised. This cone’s unique characteristics of lightness and rigidity control the signal transmission speed within the material. The modulation of the structural foam’s thickness provides very precise control of the cone’s damping quality. When you’re listening, it creates total sound transparency, a very low distortion rate and an excellent phase response.
Technology and performance
Twin6 boasts an inverted dome Beryllium tweeter with an ‘M’-shaped protective grille, and a woofer with a ‘W’-shaped cone, as well as a frequency range of up to 10 kHz, specially designed for the Focus Mode. All this on top of Focal’s patented Tuned Mass Damper (TMD) technology, which reduces distortion in the 1kHz – 3kHz frequency range by 50%, as well as a high-pass crossover, a disengageable automatic standby mode and a 160Hz crossover for reflections from consoles – making Twin6 an industry-leading monitor.
The Focus Mode enables the loudspeaker to be converted into a one-way full-range monitor, providing a different speaker driver configuration accessed by simply pressing a pedal – as though there were a second pair of studio monitors with a reduced dynamic allowing the mix adaptability to be checked on smaller systems.
Solo6 and Twin6 include a variable high-pass crossover and a 160Hz parametric crossover to reduce reflections caused by the console or desk. These monitors are also equipped with a high-pass crossover and a disengageable automatic standby mode, accessible via a switch and offering a simple and essential option for controlling the loudspeaker.
The design of the cabinets in the ST6 line uses a thick and robust material, allowing ever greater rigidity and damping to be achieved, with fewer vibrations and therefore less distortion.
Type: 2.5-way monitor
- Frequency response (@ -3dB): 45Hz – 40kHz
- Low cut-off frequency (@ -6dB): 40Hz
- Focus mode: 110Hz – 10kHz
- Maximum SPL (Average CEA2034
- 50–10kHz free field @ 1m): 112dB
- Focus mode (Average CEA2034 100–10kHz free field @ 1m): 111.5dB
- Input Balanced XLR: 10 kΩ
- Bass amplifier stage: 2 x 70W RMS
- Treble amplifier stage: 50W RMS
- Nominal power supply: ~100-120 VAC/220-240 VAC 50/60Hz
- User controls: Sensitivity, stand-by,
- Left/Right, HPF, LF Shelv, LMF EQ, HF Shelv
- Fuses: ~100-120V, T3.15AL/250V~220-240V, T1.6AL/250V
- Bass: 2 x 6.5″ (16.5cm) “W” cone
- Treble: 1.5″ (38mm) Beryllium
- Shielding: No
- Construction: 7/8″ (22mm) MDF
- Finish Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 101/8×201/4×131/2″ (25.8×51.4×34.4cm)
- Weight: 48.5lbs (22kg)
- Temperature range During use: 5-35°C
- In storage: 0-50°C